Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my winter projects for the bike is putting a gel pad, memory foam and a new cover on the seat. Thing is, I kind of like the covers from the 85 and 86 seats instead of the pillow design of the current seats. Does anyone know where I can get an 85 or 86 cover? Is this something that may have to be custom made?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.
23 views....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Watch E-bay for someone parting one out.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
My stock seat came with a travelcade seatcover over the rotten foam.

I can only assume that it's the K675 - they only list it for the VN700 - but as we all know the seat for the 700 and 750 are the same (I have a mustang seat on my 700 now from a 750)

http://www.saddlemen.com/saddleskins_street_p2.html

http://www.cyclepages.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=4085809 was the only hit I found with a quick google search - I've never done business with them so I'd make sure they're legit before sending em money. There's also a possibility that someone local could order the seatcover for ya... just tell em to search for an 85 VN700 rather than a VN750....

There's also a possibility of talking about a trade of sorts... pm or e-mail me (this username @gmail.com) - I won't return the e-mail till at least wednesday.

·
Registered
236 Posts
How 'bout something like this?

I think it'd be a nice touch on the vulcan. I'm thinking about doing the same thing (memory foam and gel pad) with the flame embossed cover since Mustang stopped making a seat for our bikes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That flame one looks pretty nice. Wonder why it didn't show up in my ebay search. I'll contact them when I get home. Thanks BigT.

Curtis, I would trade with you, but the cover on the spare seat I have that I'm planning to recover is pretty beat up and peeling. Just wouldn't be a fair trade.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That flame one looks pretty nice. Wonder why it didn't show up in my ebay search. I'll contact them when I get home. Thanks BigT.

Curtis, I would trade with you, but the cover on the spare seat I have that I'm planning to recover is pretty beat up and peeling. Just wouldn't be a fair trade.
It's on ebay express. I found it doing the vn 750 search, on the bottom of the page they have the ebay express listings.

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
One of my winter projects for the bike is putting a gel pad, memory foam and a new cover on the seat. Thing is, I kind of like the covers from the 85 and 86 seats instead of the pillow design of the current seats. Does anyone know where I can get an 85 or 86 cover? Is this something that may have to be custom made?

If go to a large fabric store and buy the material yourself, you can then go to any upolstery shop and have them cover your seat for under a 100 bucks. You can also just do this yourself, if you know how to sew, or know someone that does.

I made a custom seat for my project bike and covered it with goatskin myself:
http://tinyurl.com/2mn2vy

KM

·
Registered
93 Posts
hey knifemaker, awesome job on the seat man. looks great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts