Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my month long weekend project! (Don't ask why it took so long.)

I ordered some saddlebags from Viking Bags, and these babies are exactly what I wanted. Drilled a couple holes in the fender, and the brackets fell into place perfectly.

And now that I no longer have a woman in my life, I decided to remove the rear seat rest and sissy bar. I ordered a Mean Streak seat off eBay, and relocated the rear flashers to the license plate.

The seat is actually very comfortable. It sits a bit lower to the ground, but I'm not a tall guy, so this worked out well for me.

Here are some pictures.

I fed a screw through the bottom of the fender and tightened a nut on there to make it a permanent piece. Then the seat is attached over this with another nut, then an acorn nut to make it look pretty.

This along with the plastic hanger near the gas tank, is the only thing holding this bad boy on. But it works. The side of the seat does wobble a little bit when you move it with your hand, off the bike. But it's not noticeable while riding.

Attachments

·
2,502 Posts
Looks really nice!:beerchug:

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I fed a screw through the bottom of the fender and tightened a nut on there to make it a permanent piece. Then the seat is attached over this with another nut, then an acorn nut to make it look pretty.

This along with the plastic hanger near the gas tank, is the only thing holding this bad boy on. But it works. The side of the seat does wobble a little bit when you move it with your hand, off the bike. But it's not noticeable while riding.
Maybe a small three sided piece made from angle iron to hold the plastic hanger near the tank would help eliminate the side movement. It could be mounted either to the tongue on the seat or the receiving end on the frame. I would have to look at the present set up to mock something up.

If it looks good to you and you like it nothing else matters but I would say it does look good with nice lines. Congrats on the work.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Looks good. Nice that you don't have a women in your life. They just get in the way and hog the seat...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts