Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to make my '93 VN750 fit me better, I special ordered a Saddleman seat over the winter, took 3 weeks to get it (they only make it upon special order now) and my butt has been in the new saddle exactly 3 times before I finally have to admit that the bike is simply too tall for me, no matter what seat I use. My loss could be your gain...

Asking $375/obo for the saddleman seat and I'll pay the shipping to you (in the lower 48 only).

The bike is also for sale, if anyone is on the hunt for a deal on a great running, clean bike... I hate to give her up but I doubt I'm going to grow any taller at this point in life. :)

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought about lowering but it's not cost effective as there are other things that would have to be modified for the bike to truly fit me (like handlebars that I can easily reach). I'm also worried about the impact lowering would have on the ride. In the end, it's just better for me to get a bike with a lower seat & lower center of gravity.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
Not as expensive as a new bike...get a used set of progressive or suzuki savage shocks offa e bay, some lower bars offa ebay, and slide the folks up in the trees a little.I also put a sporty solo seat on it.the ride Isn't that bad but I also push 180
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,931 Posts
Nice seat, but looks about the same height as stock. The Corbin Gunslinger puts you almost two inches lower....and they can custom make one that could lower you still.

My daughter could put both feet down on mine, and she's 5'2".

Not sure if you'll find many other bikes that are lower unless they already have been lowered by the seller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts