Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im looking into getting a new set or rims... now i found the stock size for the rear but i cant find the size for the fronts.... im thinking about going to a larger rear rim/lower profile tire.... anyone have any thoughts on that? i looked through the verses and only found tire size and the like but couldnt find much on the actuall rims..

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
ok so im looking into getting a new set or rims... now i found the stock size for the rear but i cant find the size for the fronts.... im thinking about going to a larger rear rim/lower profile tire.... anyone have any thoughts on that? i looked through the verses and only found tire size and the like but couldnt find much on the actuall rims..
Guessing you mean new wheels...how do plan on doing this?

I can see installing a diffrent front end, but where are you going to find a rear end that matches up with the stock driveshaft????

KM

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm good point on the rear.... didnt quite think that one through.... well i did mean the rim... i may refer to things differently... i hear wheel and im thinkin the whole thing tire and all... but yeah i figure someone here would know if there was a set that would work with shaft drive and all......

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I'd like to switch the rear to one with the disc brake rather than the drum....probably not what you're after though huh?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, the '97 Eliminator 600 uses the same rubber damper & hub coupling, and it would appear the same brake assembly on it's rear wheel, but I have no clue if the rim would work. But, the 600 rim is also a 15", so it's no larger.

If you do find something that'll work, let us know!

·
Live to Ride
7 Posts
Rim upgrade

Well I've thought about having them chromed in order to customize my bike further. Just haven't researched the cost yet and have other priorities at this time. Any thoughts?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
Would have to smooth alot out first but would be cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts