Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Herman. Just started riding this year. My first bike is a 2006 VN750. Love this bike so far.
The bike has only had one owner and it's still all original. In time I'd like to put LED lights on it, and maybe make other modifications.
Looking forward to the gold mine that is this forum.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Hello, I'm Herman. Just started riding this year. My first bike is a 2006 VN750. Love this bike so far.
The bike has only had one owner and it's still all original. In time I'd like to put LED lights on it, and maybe make other modifications.
Looking forward to the gold mine that is this forum.
I love the Vulcan 750; it's my first bike. One of the first things I got for it was this LED headlight on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Z7RHYM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Installation was stupid easy. Love the look. Has been shining bright since April-2021. You can't go wrong with this unit. My brother has a similar type of unit for his Yamaha FZ-07. Here are some pics:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Supporting vendor
60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the Vulcan 750; it's my first bike. One of the first things I got for it was this LED headlight on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Z7RHYM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Installation was stupid easy. Love the look. Has been shining bright since April-2021. You can't go wrong with this unit. My brother has a similar type of unit for his Yamaha FZ-07. Here are some pics:

View attachment 53799

View attachment 53800
Is the throw of the light the same? Mine shines like a square out in front of the bike. LED replacement lamps (whole units) boast a much wider throw. I would assume only replacing the bulb would maintain the same throw.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Monitor your charging voltage if going LED. Unless you upgrade to a MOSFET R/R your stock R/R might run hotter than normal, your charging voltage might be 15+, or other bad things cuz our charging system needs a load to absorb (use) the amps generated by the stator. My VN is all LED except the headlight to help regulate the output voltage.

BTW, welcome! I've owned my VN 21 years and plan to keep it one the road as long as I can. In 2025, she gets Collector Plates = no more tabs to buy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts