Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been on the lookout for a larger touring bike. I found a new,never prepped, 2009 Road Star 1700 at a friends Yamaha of Louisville Ky dealership and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Turns out, he had a 2012 V-Star 950 Touring come in with 3K miles on it. The wife fell in love with it. Uh-Oh.
We got a package deal on both bikes and smiled all the way home.
Keeping our Vulcan 750 and 500 for backups.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been on the lookout for a larger touring bike. I een kicking my butt ever sincefound a new,never prepped, 2009 Road Star 1700 at a friends Yamaha of Louisville Ky dealership and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Turns out, he had a 2012 V-Star 950 Touring come in with 3K miles on it. The wife fell in love with it. Uh-Oh.
We got a package deal on both bikes and smiled all the way home.
Keeping our Vulcan 750 and 500 for backups.

Good idea to keep the 750. I sold my Kawasaki 454LTD the day after I got my 750 and been kicking my butt ever since. Sure do miss that 454 LTD.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Sweet bikes .now it's time to play with the Vulcan'd

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Nice rides. I sold my EN500 to get the VN750 also. Wish I had a larger garage. Good luck ride safe.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
NICE looking bikes!!! :pepper:

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. We will use the Vulcans for work and local play.
We took our first long ride on the Stars. At 75-80 mph you can almost take a nap.
And the ride is way smoother :motorcycl

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I've always liked the Road Star, but that is the first one I've seen with cast wheels. I won't ride a street bike with tube type tires (except for small ones with a centerstand), as there is no way to repair a flat on the road. And I seem to have more than my share of flats. I think the touring version of the Vulcan 900 would be great if they just put tubeless tires on it. But as it is, the V-Star 950 is the way to go (for me) in that size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts