Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got two new MT66 Route Pirelli's mounted and balanced. Bike feels more "planted" now, but I was riding on 1993 Dunlop Qualifiers, so no wonder. Stayed with the 100/90 and 150/50 sizes. And had the splines lubed and the gear oil changed while the wheel was off. Done by Motorcycle Services in Hatboro, PA. I like these guys, they have a friendly and professional way. And the prices are reasonable, too. Anybody else go with the Pirellis??

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Just got two new MT66 Route Pirelli's mounted and balanced. Bike feels more "planted" now, but I was riding on 1993 Dunlop Qualifiers, so no wonder. Stayed with the 100/90 and 150/50 sizes. And had the splines lubed and the gear oil changed while the wheel was off. Done by Motorcycle Services in Hatboro, PA. I like these guys, they have a friendly and professional way. And the prices are reasonable, too. Anybody else go with the Pirellis??
I`m happy for you and the new rubber on your ride. That rear tire,150/50, :confused: has the lowest profile sidewall I`ve seen mentioned here. <G> That couldn`t be a typo could it? Enjoy the ride my friend.:smiley_th

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
I also had 1993 Dunlops and when I put the Metzler ME880's on it became a different bike! The old tires only had 3 years of use on them, the bike sat for more than 10 years without being ridden. It's like new now and the new tires make all the difference in the world. I went with the 110 in the front for the speedometer improvement and it does help alot.

·
Registered
707 Posts
hatboro huh.... glad to have another pennsylvanian here.... check out the group ride in the northeast regional thread.... might want to join us..

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
My Pirelli's just came in from Jake Wilson. Based on what I read here, I went with the 110/90 on front. Got the Pirelli's 'cause I like them on my other bike. The Dunlops on my '89 are 12-22 years old! Got 8 oz. of moly paste for the splines and will do that too. Maybe get it done this weekend.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i got em and love em! still have the little 'feelers' after 3,000 miles... only problem is they do 'slip' a little on really wet oily pavement.. but doesn't any tire?

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
i got em and love em! still have the little 'feelers' after 3,000 miles... only problem is they do 'slip' a little on really wet oily pavement.. but doesn't any tire?
Not any tire i live in washington and my metzler880 has yet to slip i live in seattle and its my only vehical waterr hasnt been a factor since i got my metzler wouldnt trade it in for the world...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts