Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got the old Vulcan cleaned up 2day. I put a bunch of new pics in my profile album..... That thing cleans up well and looks showroom now!!! Not bad for only $300 and 20 years old ;-) Tell me what ya think guys :) Best regards, Chris Joyce.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Chris,
Came out very sharp looking. How many miles are on your bike. It looks like its in very good shape. What cleaning products did you use for the chome and paint? My brother just got a 98 vulcan that needs some TLC.
Regards,
GUS

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
The bike looks great, but once I get it she won't look like that for long. LOL :rockon:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started out by degreasing all of the grease build up from over the years. Then I got rid of some rust around the exhaust and the hangers for the cables on the front fork with light steel wool and soap. Then I washed it with california gold wash, did the wheels and tires with meguires wheel spray. cleaned the tire letters with ajax then dried it all up. After all that I used mothers quick detail spray wax. That's the best wax for dark paint and it won't streak! The bike has like 22k and some change on it, so let's just say 23,000 miles :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, thatz really funny "Mr. Proffesor" lol. We will have 2 see about all of that ha ha ha!!! Didn't you mention throwing in a wash and wax after she's all done ;-)

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Ha, thatz really funny "Mr. Proffesor" lol. We will have 2 see about all of that ha ha ha!!! Didn't you mention throwing in a wash and wax after she's all done ;-)
I will wash it when I'm done, but the rinse will be an added charge. LOL I may put on a good coat of wax on the tires. :doh:

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Wow.

Now if I can only get my '89 VN750 looking that good. :rockon:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Never realized that all that stuff was supposed to shine. I got used to that flat oil covering.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I washed Sable a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe it was the same bike! Its a 93 but looked like a '09 - if such a bike actually existed that is. Turns out a thorough cleaning can change not just the look of the bike overall but how much pride you have in her...

·
Registered
668 Posts
wow she's pretty man !
I really like the way the paint on the paint...look like penstripe....man it's hard to beleive how advance the vn750 was back in the mid 80's and yet she still virtually unchanged!!!!

thumbs up

·
Registered
411 Posts
With all that she comes with, she'd still be "advanced" today...

--FA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts