Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just painted my bike. I did everything myself! I have never done any painting before, so it did not turn out perfect, but I am happy with how it looks. I moved the license plate to a side mount, by the left shock, which I thinks looks really good. Check it out...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Very nice job. Looks great!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Fabulous job!! I may have to call you up for some pointers (I'm about to start on mine). What kind of paint did you use? It looks great!!!
Man that looks great!!!

I've been wanting to have mine painted too, it's be great if you could post a "how to" for the do-it-your-selfers here.

Cindy, I know that you're not still thinking that green color are you?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dude that's beautiful. I am powder coating mine. I am going to do it burnt orange.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Looks great!!!!!And I know it feels good to say you did it yourself,I know I love to see the look on peoples faces when I tell them I did mine!!!!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Looks mighty fine for a first time! :motorcycl :smiley_th
The license plate on the side cleans up the fender nicely, but it does look like it wouldn't allow for using saddlebags though.

Here's to a job well done

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Man that looks great!!!

I've been wanting to have mine painted too, it's be great if you could post a "how to" for the do-it-your-selfers here.

Cindy, I know that you're not still thinking that green color are you?
Yes, Big T, yes I am! :loser1: Actually, I should think long and hard about that - McNabb is back in the slot: the throws will invariably be at the receivers' feet, and clock management will be out the window. I'll get upset, swear i'm never rooting for 'em again, and then I'll go out and kick my bike. Hmmmm.... You wouldn't have an alternate color in mind, would ya?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone is thinking about painting themselves and need some direction, check out the video on this web site. http://www.hypertracker.com/go/ohpdirect/DayTwoCourse/
This is what I pretty much followed and things turned out well. Just be sure you are comfortable with your gun and have it adjusted just right, before you start your project. That was my main problem, but once I got that fixed it was smooth sailing.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
You did a great job, looks first class, enjoy it!

Jon

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Predente, I just noticed where you have the helmet lock mounted.
Great idea !!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Great Job!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The mufflers are from a Harley Dyna. There are tons of write ups about how to switch to them. I found some mufflers on e-bay for about 20 bucks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts