Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I bought this off a fellow forum member, Scooter 007! (Side note, first forum member either of us have met in person, and he's very kind!) It's bittersweet to see both bikes in my garage. My previous one served me well.

I am loving the Vance & Hines pipes! Not quite as loud as removing the mufflers from the GB, but close. Removing the mufflers had a very deep sound to it, but the VH pipes have a crispness to it. I also like the lack of a crossover, as you can hear each cylinder fire left-right-left-right as you roll down the highway. It's loud enough to be heard over wind noise. I might experiment with removing the baffles, but I expect that will be too loud.

I hope to have this one for a long time!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Last night, I bought this off a fellow forum member, Scooter 007! (Side note, first forum member either of us have met in person, and he's very kind!) It's bittersweet to see both bikes in my garage. My previous one served me well.

I am loving the Vance & Hines pipes! Not quite as loud as removing the mufflers from the GB, but close. Removing the mufflers had a very deep sound to it, but the VH pipes have a crispness to it. I also like the lack of a crossover, as you can hear each cylinder fire left-right-left-right as you roll down the highway. It's loud enough to be heard over wind noise. I might experiment with removing the baffles, but I expect that will be too loud.

I hope to have this one for a long time!
Congrats on finding another one, cherish the fact that you have ...1) A garage, and 2) a pretty full set of replacement parts! Lol.
Also I’m glad to hear that simply removing the mufflers achieves a sound that is deeper than the aftermarket pipes. My mufflers are off because they rusted and I almost bought a set of pipes off another member, but whoever it was seemed flaky so I never followed back up. I’m contemplating just gutting the muffs to make them straight through to get the stock look back and be done with.

Good luck with the “new” bike

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Looks good!

Hope scooter decides to stick around.

Got the same tank on mine.

·
Grumpy Old Man
44 Posts
Enjoy your new ride 😀
I’m happy it went to a good home 🏡 You & your wife are very nice people.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the chrome side panels from my old bike and stuck them on here. A nice blend of old vs new!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Now it's really starting to look like mine, I just have maroon fenders that I need to paint black some day.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It goes great with my truck!

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enjoy your new ride 😀
I’m happy it went to a good home 🏡 You & your wife are very nice people.
It was a pleasure meeting you guys as well! You are very nice people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts