Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tero 2010
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was looking my 750 over and spotted a fuel line resting on the rear cyclinder head. It shows signs of being burned in two places. What I want to do is replace this line but I need to learn how to remove the seat and whatever to get to this fuel line. The line I am referring to is on the right side of the bike when sitting on it. Is there a diagram of the fuel lines I can access? Thanks

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan Madness tero.

To remove the seat, unlock the toolbox at the back of the seat, look inside and you will see two, 10 mm bolt heads to screw out of the back of the seat. Then pull the seat back and up a couple of inches to get a little tab from under the seat, and it is off.

Free Downloadable VN700/750 service manual:http://www.tocmanufacturing.com/Products.htm

There are exploded diagrams and part number lists included in the manual.
My computer is slower than the proverbial molasses in January tonight, or I would put up a specific link for you.

Many online mc vendors have exploded line drawing diagrams with part numbers too.

Here is a link to a photo and diagram: http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1226&cat=503

Not the greatest for what you want, but a start. Someone else will show up with a better one I am sure.

·
1992 VN 750
109 Posts
Can you attach a picture of the line to which you are referring? I think it may be the vacuum line that comes off the cylinder and then goes back up to a useless air regulator under the seat that ties the air system together. I took mine off completely when I coastered and plugged the vacuum port and it made no difference and is merely a part of the emissions system if I recall. I think the fuel lines come off the petcock and cross each other and then go to the carbs prior to the point where you would see them from the right side of the engine. I am thinking it is the vacuum line that has burned on the cylinder...

I replaced my vacuum line initially and then did away with all the CA emissions stuff shortly thereafter!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Welcome to the group, as you can see there is a wealth of info here. Congrats on teh new bike and enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts