Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2001 Vulcan 750, and I found that a lot of parts are no longer available new. That includes a lot of rubber parts. And if you are trying to replace these parts because yours are rotted/cracked, used ones will be too. The seal for my fuel gauge sending unit was seeping, and I discovered new ones are no longer available. I replaced it with a used one, which is holding for now, but if I keep the bike I will probably wind up having to have a plate welded over the big square hole on the bottom of the tank. Some stuff can be rigged, but sometimes you need the original part. I really like this bike, but I can see the lack of parts availability becoming a big issue.

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
I have a 2001 Vulcan 750, and I found that a lot of parts are no longer available new. That includes a lot of rubber parts. And if you are trying to replace these parts because yours are rotted/cracked, used ones will be too. The seal for my fuel gauge sending unit was seeping, and I discovered new ones are no longer available. I replaced it with a used one, which is holding for now, but if I keep the bike I will probably wind up having to have a plate welded over the big square hole on the bottom of the tank. Some stuff can be rigged, but sometimes you need the original part. I really like this bike, but I can see the lack of parts availability becoming a big issue.
That fuel gauge sending unit gasket can easily be duplicated with a piece of identical thickness rubber. You can find a lot of neat stuff on McMaster-Carr. Literally any size O-ring you can imagine. They sell gasket-grade rubber sheets of varying thicknesses.

Fuel-proof black rubber silicone is also quite handy.

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
I bought a 1993 750 Vulcan and I’m having a hard time finding a gas tank ( one that’s not all banked up ) and a gas cap .
Any suggestions?
I needed a replacement gas cap, and unfortunately anything aftermarket doesn't fit that indentation on the stock tank.

I ended up ordering a completely new OEM Kawasaki gas cap assembly for a little over $100. When I got it in the mail I discovered that it did not come with the tumblers and keys. So, I had to order those too. That was an extra $100. So, my gas cap was the single most expensive individual purchase I'm made for the bike. My new Dunlop tires were actually a few bucks cheaper than that stupid gas cap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts