Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FNG
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Introduction:

I live in Rhode Island, USA, and work in Connecticut. Been riding for about 4 years now, got my first road bike in 2011. I'm a mechanical engineer for General Dynamics: Electric Boat, which only serves as a source of money to keep riding.

The Vulcan is my 3rd bike; My first was a P.O.S. Hyosung GV650 that is collecting rust and dust. I also have an '07 Ninja EX500R, stripped and converted to a street fighter.
I just picked up the Vulcan as the second owner. It's a '95, with 15,783 miles on the odometer. Overall the bike is in great shape but is in need of some TLC. Never been dropped or laid down, some usual wear and a couple little scratches on the fender is the worst of the damage. Lots of corroded fasteners that I'm looking to clean up and replace. Everything on the bike is stock, with the exception of OEM highway bars/engine guards the previous owner installed.

So far to get the bike back in running order I've bought a new maintenance-free battery, changed the oil and filter, flushed and changed the coolant, replaced the fuel lines with fresh hoses, and scrubbed off some surface rust. I've got fresh K&N air filters coming in today, as well as aftermarket handgrips to swap out the stock ones, as the rubber is looking a bit tired.

Work to come includes draining the forks and replacing the fork seals and filling with new oil, relocating the voltage regulator (as I've heard is common practice with these bikes), checking the rear drive spline and adding grease if necessary, and re-painting the fenders and tank (not a fan of the teal it came in).

Any other spots I should hit?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse. Sounds like you're on the right track so far

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
My first VN750 was a '95' Great colors! You should find most of what you need right here. Welcome aboard.

·
FNG
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all! The forum has been a great source of information so far. I'm just nearly done with the ear shave, just waiting for coasters to come in the mail on Friday (Sadly I leave for a cruise on Friday so I won't be able to finish until I get back, right now I'd rather be in the garage wrenching on a bike then off on a cruise! I'm sure I'll feel differently once I'm on the cruise ship though).

Other than that the bike is pretty much stock. I've added a slip-streamer Viper windshield and a leather luggage trunk to the cargo rack, and painted the fenders and tank with flat-black plasti-dip from a rattlecan to change up the looks a bit. It originally had the teal paint job that I wasn't a fan of.

I'll definitely put up some pictures once she's fixed up all pretty-like!

She still needs a name though...

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Thanks all! The forum has been a great source of information so far. I'm just nearly done with the ear shave, just waiting for coasters to come in the mail on Friday (Sadly I leave for a cruise on Friday so I won't be able to finish until I get back, right now I'd rather be in the garage wrenching on a bike then off on a cruise! I'm sure I'll feel differently once I'm on the cruise ship though).

Other than that the bike is pretty much stock. I've added a slip-streamer Viper windshield and a leather luggage trunk to the cargo rack, and painted the fenders and tank with flat-black plasti-dip from a rattlecan to change up the looks a bit. It originally had the teal paint job that I wasn't a fan of.

I'll definitely put up some pictures once she's fixed up all pretty-like!

She still needs a name though...
Would be great to see those pictures when you get a chance. I've used the plasti dip on my VN900 with mixed success.

·
FNG
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So not sure if I attached these pictures properly but let me know if you can see anything! This is what she looks like with the plasti-dip job, windshield and trunk.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
So not sure if I attached these pictures properly but let me know if you can see anything! This is what she looks like with the plasti-dip job, windshield and trunk.
Nice! Looks clean. I like the trunk in the back. I'm guessing that will hold at least one helmet.

I bought a saddleman bag for my 900 But before putting it on the bike I took the sissy bar off the bike so the damn thing is sitting in my basement waiting.

http://www.saddlemen.com/br3400exs-back-seat-sissy-bar-bag-universal

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Hell would almost hold a case o beer;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts