Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy to all you folks.
I just recently joined the site. Had a few smaller bikes for a lot of years; now I have a Vulcan 750. Really do like it--fits me just fine for the kind of cruising I do. I'm in the mountains and desert a *lot*. This bike sure is good for that. I found it's light enough that I can get it out of a tight place on a narrow mountain road--or pick it up if I get surprised by a lingering patch of snow or ice in the spring.
This bike also burns through all the jammed traffic on the city freeways.
Only problem is the electrical system. I've already lost a stator and Regulator/Rectifier. I've got to discover some way to keep this stuff cool in the *hot* summer Sacramento freeways and Nevada desert.
Angky.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
there are a few things you can do....depending on your level of modding...

#1 easiest is moving the R/R to another place. its stock location it will eat alot of the heat from the goats belly. also switch out the batt with a maintinance free bat.

#2 this will help on the freeway, you can make a scoop for your radiator out of fibre glass. and on those cold nights <40 (i used to live 50 miles outside of barstow so i know bout this one) you can carry a peice of leather with some velcro to help cover part of your radiator to keep it warm....

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks to hizzo3

Thanks for the advice.
I'm already moving the R/R unit.
Next is the fiberglass radiator scoop. I'm not quite sure how to go about molding such a thing as that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts