Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've just purchased my first vn. It's a 1986 model imported from the USA in 96. I love it already. I live in the county of Northumberland in the North East of the UK. It starts but apparently cuts out so looking forward to finding the problem and having a ride. Over the 50 years of my bike licence I've had a few bikes, HD Road King, Sportster, Goldwing, Suzuki T500 and a couple of others. I'm retired so have a few hobbies, air brushing, small wood figure carving, leather carving and making belts. Already impressed with this forum. Do I choose a name for myself now. If so Michaelo would be my choice. Thanks.

· Registered
941 Posts
Welcome! This is a great place for information on this bike!

· Administrator
2006 VN750
1,012 Posts
Hi everyone. I've just purchased my first vn. It's a 1986 model imported from the USA in 96. I love it already. I live in the county of Northumberland in the North East of the UK. It starts but apparently cuts out so looking forward to finding the problem and having a ride. Over the 50 years of my bike licence I've had a few bikes, HD Road King, Sportster, Goldwing, Suzuki T500 and a couple of others. I'm retired so have a few hobbies, air brushing, small wood figure carving, leather carving and making belts. Already impressed with this forum. Do I choose a name for myself now. If so Michaelo would be my choice. Thanks.
Hi there, Michael! Welcome to the forum!

Regarding your statement about the engine cutting out so quickly: My suggestion is to check the rubber hose that exits the bottom of the fuel tank. That hose should be completely free of debris, and you should be able to easily blow air through and hear it coming out from the gas cap. I had this exact problem, which is sort of common. Simply remove the seat and find that hose!

If this doesn't help, there's plenty of information and helpful folks around here. Hopefully we'll hear of your success!
I see that you would like your username to be "Michaelo", I'll forward the request to admin now.

Have a wonderful day, and once again welcome aboard!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts