Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I am a UK VN750 owner . My bike is a 1993 model with 28,000 miles on the clock . I have had the bike for about 3 months but I have some work to do before I go touring on it . I managed to find a used rack for it and I'm currently adapting some Givi Monokey pannier racks to fit it . My wife and I go touring through Europe every year and using the VN750 will be a new challenge as we have been using an 1800 Goldwing in the past as well as an 1100 Pan European .
I sold the Goldwing when Covid 19 shut down the UK and I didn't want it sitting in the shed for two years losing value . The VN came from a guy at work who hadn't ridden it for 3 years and had lost interest in biking .
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes , I had a 2005 Goldwing for about 5 years and we toured France , Germany , Austria , Italy , Slovenia and Holland on it .... When covid hit the UK I was laid off work for 7 months and had to sell it to pay the mortgage on the house . I replaced it with a Triumph Trophy 1200 which I only paid £700 for .... I have the Triumph in bits at the moment after getting all the panels resprayed . When the VN750 came along I wasn't looking for another bike but it was offered to me and I quite liked the idea of a vee twin so I bought it . My wife isn't so sure about the noise levels for touring but we'll certainly give it a go . The picture below was taken in Slovenia outside the house we rented , There were 8 of us there on 5 bikes .

·
Super Moderator
12,125 Posts
Has your wife ridden on the back of the Vulcan yet?
The space there for a passenger isn’t as roomy as a GW. If she’s small/petite it isn’t too bad. My wife and I put a lot of miles on my Vulcan, but the first to go was the stock seat.... I’m sure the guy in japan that designed it did do to get back at us for the war.

A nice tall windscreen would be your next purchase if you plan on racking up any miles on it.

Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has your wife ridden on the back of the Vulcan yet?
The space there for a passenger isn’t as roomy as a GW. If she’s small/petite it isn’t too bad. My wife and I put a lot of miles on my Vulcan, but the first to go was the stock seat.... I’m sure the guy in japan that designed it did do to get back at us for the war.

A nice tall windscreen would be your next purchase if you plan on racking up any miles on it.

Welcome to the group.
Thanks for the welcome , the seat is on my list of things to go , I got a spare seat with the bike and i'm sending it off to a guy in Wales who rebuilds all my seats , he is a real wizard with motorcycle seats and he is very reasonable price wise too .
I know I will need a screen and I have been looking for one locally but haven't found the right one yet . I need another set of handlebars too as mine are a bit bent where someone has dropped the bike in the past .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the machine!

From a screaming yellow Wing to a Vulcan, was about to say not a lot of room for 2-up touring on the VN.

Nice paint job on the Vulcan.
Cheers for the welcome , the paintwork was done by the previouse owner , and he removed all of the badges too . I miss the yellow Wing but time moves on and a new challenge awaits . Here's to the future .... Cheers !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts