Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I live in Springfield Twp. NJ (about 2 miles from Fort Dix). This past August I purchased a 2005 VN750 with 12,000 miles from a friend, and started riding again after a 35 year hiatus. Just riding back roads for enjoyment and logged about 300 miles so far. When I initially purchased the bike, I removed the carbs to clean (real pain to get out, but went back easier). Changed oil, coolant, final drive oil, lubed splines on driveshaft going to final drive. Received a Clymer manual with purchase, which along with checking out post on this forum and watching YouTube videos, made the carburetor removal and cleaning fairly straightforward. I decided to join the forum after looking looking for information after I developed a small coolant leak at the front cylinder base gasket (Really bummed me out). I decided to temporarily put a bead of epoxy on the seam so I can ride a few more time before cold weather comes, and then I may tackle engine removal and gasket replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good luck with the leak. It sounds like you’re mechanically inclined and you have the key tools (this forum, YouTube, and the manual) you should be good to go if you decide to tackle it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts