Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Paul here. Thank you for having me.

Back in the early 90's I saw the Vulcan 750 for the first time and instantly fell in love with it. I've always thought that the lines of the 750 were absolutely beautiful. I came close to buying a new one in 1994 but chickened out at the last minute.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I had sold a couple of classic Hondas that I had restored in the fall of 2018 and decided that I wanted a new project. I found a 94 being sold by a member of this site that had been sitting for 7 years. We talked, struck up a deal and I brought it home last weekend. It needs a lot of cleaning, polishing, and general restoration before it hits the road. I'm looking forward to gaining the knowledge I need thru hours of browsing the site.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Welcome. I bought a brand new Vulcan 750 in 1993. It came down to either the Vulcan or the Yamaha Virago 750, and the Virago was $500 more. I wore that one out, and bought another new one in 2002. It finally blew the engine at 118,000 miles. I bought a used 1997 about 6 months ago, and spent 4 months and several hundred $$$ getting back in tip top condition. It should have another 70,000-80,000 miles left in it, but you never know.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Hi, Paul here. Thank you for having me.

Back in the early 90's I saw the Vulcan 750 for the first time and instantly fell in love with it. I've always thought that the lines of the 750 were absolutely beautiful. I came close to buying a new one in 1994 but chickened out at the last minute.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I had sold a couple of classic Hondas that I had restored in the fall of 2018 and decided that I wanted a new project. I found a 94 being sold by a member of this site that had been sitting for 7 years. We talked, struck up a deal and I brought it home last weekend. It needs a lot of cleaning, polishing, and general restoration before it hits the road. I'm looking forward to gaining the knowledge I need thru hours of browsing the site.
Welcome. Where are you located? Maybe there are other members close by that could either answer questions quickly for you or are interested in joining up for a ride in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes. I think I have everything in now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts