Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there every body hope i dont bore you but just aquired a vn 750 1987 with only 4000 miles on the clock iam told that the bike does run but wont rev after/or around 3000rpm does anybody have any ideas :BLAM:
i havent heard it run yet but think i have got a bargain does need a lot of tlc mind any help will be much appreciated thanks baldylocks

·
Registered
203 Posts
There might be some crap stuck in the fuel system. A can of seafoam would do it wonders.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Yep, break out the seafoam. Most auto parts stores sell it, located in the fuel additive section. In your case, I'd add 1/2 can, run it for a few minutes and then let it sit for a couple days. It should dissolve any varnish and crud in the fuel system. Then run that tank through and fill her up and add the rest of the seafoam. See if that doesn't cure the problem. Use about 3 oz of seafoam in a full tank about once a month to keep things clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks?

thanks everybody but dont know where to get sea-foam from as i live in uk but will search the net for it thanks again will let you know how it goes :pepper:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Well, if I'd known you were in the UK, I wouldn't have bothered you with it. So far, Seafoam isn't available in the UK to my knowledge. They're trying to get distribution set up as we speak. I don't know if there is an equivilent of seafoam that would work so well.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Also, check the airfilters. They may need cleaned, or if original, will most likely need replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts