Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Like the title says, I'm a new member, located in the East Bay Area.

I found this site searching for a driver's backrest for my 2005 VN750A, which I bought last Friday. Black/silver, 18k miles, and a really good price.

I'm a new rider, just got my M1 last year. I did my research and narrowed my choices down to just a few bikes, the Vulcan 750 being one of them. I took me until now to scratch together the money and find a decent one for sale. They're kind of few and far between.

Glad to have found this forum... I'll have questions for the mechanics on the site.

Peace -
Phil

·
Member? ... check.
534 Posts
I did my research and narrowed my choices down to just a few bikes, the Vulcan 750 being one of them.
I know I love my bike, I bought it new in '91, so I've had plenty of time to fall in love with the ol' girl.
What research led you to the Vulcan ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I love my bike, I bought it new in '91, so I've had plenty of time to fall in love with the ol' girl.
What research led you to the Vulcan ?
I wanted a cruiser with no chain to mess with, so belt or shaft drive. I also wanted something with enough power to cruise the freeway without straining, Being a new rider, I didn't want one of the big heavy cruisers. Not being rich, I also needed something affordable, Not wanting to chase vintage parts, I needed something less than 20 years old maximum. Also, something with low mileage in running condition that didn't need a bunch of work. The VN750 fit all the criteria if I could find a low mileage one from the 2000's. (I did). I considered the positive neutral finder and the center stand nice bonus features as well.

The one I found is a 2005 with 23k miles for about 1000 less than my budget, leaving me money left over for accessories and insurance. It might need some work, but it rides fine just the way it is. I'm happy so far but I haven't had much experience with it yet.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts