Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, name is Brian, just turned 40, , located in southern New Hampshire, and I came here because I’ve had a 1986 vn750 since fall of 2019.

Bike was bought from coworker of a buddy for $200 as a non-runner, last registered and ridden in 2010. It had been kept in a shed and I put it immediately in my shed and didn’t touch it until about a month ago.

Previous owner had kind of started turning it into a custom bike, but I’m kind of a nut for OEM, so I’ve been buying used parts off eBay, and a few weeks back did oil/filter change, dropped in a new battery, and popped out a spark plug per cylinder and shot in a bit of Seafoam to lubricate the rings before trying to turn it over.

I was able to get the engine to turn over, then replaced the plugs and wires and it would run but not idle.Then replaced air filters and fuel lines, put on a sissy bar, and back together tried to get it running again.

Again, it wouldn’t idle, but I just gave the tank a solid shot of Seafoam and kept it running until it finally idled and then adjusted the idle up a bit.

It’s definitely a hobby for me, but like I did with an XJ650 years ago, I’m hoping to have this on the road soon.

Thanks for the welcome,
Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Welcome to the machine!

I keep saying, maybe I'll even start riding, then I mow grass and my back is out until the grass needs mowed again.

Maybe I should stop mowing my grass.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Welcome, good to see another 750 come back to life. You’ll enjoy it if you get it going.

·
2,580 Posts
Looking good! Welcome to the group.

Reactions: 86vulcanrider
1 - 5 of 5 Posts