Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just put a LED bulb i purchased off ebay.. Its very bright but there is no high/low when i installed it. My highbeam light stays on.. But none the less. It works and i like the way it looks my turn signals are LED too.. The only thing i dont like is that the beam in not directed so you only see it 6 feet in front of you here is a picture let me know what yall think

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,568 Posts
if the beam only lets you see 6 feet in front of you, it makes riding at night impossible.. imho.

the 'cheapo' led headlights just dont work for squat. in my opinion (again, just opinion) you gotta drop a hundy or around that per led headlight to get anything usefull

·
Super Moderator
2,568 Posts
I will add, that the reason many LED headlights dont work great in our headlight is the design and shape of the reflector/lens. they are specifically designed for the halogen bulb (filament position/direction). unless the LED can perfectly reproduce them measurements, the focus will be off.

here is a you tube video of some comparison of LED bulbs and how they work when put into a housing designed for halogen. yes, they are using a truck housing, but same principles apply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts