Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been numerous posts regarding NJ riders and meeting members of this group for new rides in the general area. If you are interested in a future initial one day gathering here in NJ combined with a group ride please respond to this post so I can gather some contact information. I am thinking that we can meet for breakfast and then head out for a good ride afterwards. If anyone has a specific meeting place in mind please make suggestions with your response. I ususally meet with a group in Pennington, NJ (Brass Ring) on Sunday mornings and head out for rides along the Delaware River on both the NJ and PA sides. If this brings enough interest we can possibly have other future gatherings starting in different areas of the state. The main idea is to meet like minded riders and enjoy new riding areas. This is all very informal and any suggestions or assistance would be greatly accepted. Please feel free to respond with any contact information you are comfortable with using for future use. I am hoping this can be done in a manner that "newbies" and more experienced rides will enjoy. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'm in. I have a tough time seeing as I rarely get out for rides that aren't standard commute, because most of the rest of the time my wife works so I gotta watch my daughter.

That said, with at least a week or two notice, I could get a babysitter for a saturday or sunday ride.

I'll PM you with my e-mail and phone number.

I live in Morris Plains and am willing to meet just about anywhere in NJ that isn't say further south then say exit 8 on the Turnpike

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in. I have a tough time seeing as I rarely get out for rides that aren't standard commute, because most of the rest of the time my wife works so I gotta watch my daughter.

That said, with at least a week or two notice, I could get a babysitter for a saturday or sunday ride.

I'll PM you with my e-mail and phone number.

I live in Morris Plains and am willing to meet just about anywhere in NJ that isn't say further south then say exit 8 on the Turnpike
Glad to see the quick response and interest. I will keep you updated as things progress. I was thinking that we may be able to have interested riders meet at different locations and then ride onto the main meet location. This may help some that may be riding into unknown locations. Again if anyone has any ideas regarding this whole setup please speak up. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I'm in! I live in Clinton which is Central Jersey but a little more North. I live right near 2 enormous reserviors that, as you can imagine, have fantastic riding roads around them.

If some or most can be available with only a weeks notice, maybe we could alternate locations. Put one person who already agreed to ride "in charge" of the meet and have them give the meeting location then lead the ride. If it's too far for you that time, so be it. If you can't make it, so be it. If you can, awesome! That way it would never be the same ride and we could potentially see most of Jersey. The only problem I could see with this is: the coordination becoming cumbersome. Maybe we could run a logistical pilot once or twice and see if it's a nightmare.

Contact info:

E-mail: [email protected]

That address is linked to my phone so no matter what, I'll get it right away. Vulcan2k, I'll PM you my cell just in case. Good idea man!!

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Liberty,

I am just trying to see if there is as much interest as I thought from comments to one of your earlier posts regarding people getting together for a group ride. I am also watching the thread about your longer ride westward. That sounds great but at this time I am not ready for a week or two in the saddle. I hope this Jersey one day ride will get more members together and get riders to see more of the country side that is so close to so many major populated areas. I will keep you in the loop and I look forward to your wisdom with all this. Ride safe and ride often.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im a little late to this post but im in. I also ride with my wife, sister,and brother-in-law. I live in philly so its not to far for us to meet up with you. Ill PM you my info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This looks like a possible hook up for me as well. I live in Bethlehem, PA just across the river from Phillipsburg, NJ. I ride along the Delaware river in PA on RT 611 on occassion which doesn't sound too far off from you. Got 2 boys playing soccer but weekend conflict with their games should be over in another month. Keep me posted on plans. Thx.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
OK, so let's do this thing. couple of suggestions.

Memorial Day ride - This may be tough for many of you, probably myself too with the family and all, but worth a suggestion.

If not how about a Friday ride, I would take any friday off work over the next month or so for a ride, since I don't get many opportunities to just go ride.

Who's interested?

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am almost ready as I finished machining the headlight brackets for my bike today. I am going to paint them for now so as to get on the road again. The wait for having them chromed is eight weeks or more at this time so I will put that off till the cold weather returns. I can get by without the light bar up front but that will be a quick fabrication anyway and may still get done within the next week or two. I know LIberty Pilot was also interested in a group ride in the area so if anyone has ideas as to a meeting place just speak up and I am sure we can work out the logistics. I work every other weekend but since I am on the midnight shift I can still get out for daytime rides on work days. I am open to hearing any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I rode 611 with a sportbike buddy a couple weeks ago. That is a phenomenal ride along the river. I met a buddy from this site at the Stewarts on Main Street (Rt. 22). It's a great meeting spot because it's really hard to miss (even though I missed it the first time - LOL). The parking lot is really big so it's good for a bunch of bikes. I can't do Friday 27-May but I could do Sunday the 29th or Monday, Memorial Day. Here's Stewart's address:

Stewart's Root Beer
235 Main Street, Lebanon, NJ
(908) 236-2303

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Monday the 30th, Memorial Day, say noonish at Stewarts on 22? Is that location ok for everyone? I can always collect addresses via PMs and find a place that's equidistant...

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
PM sent. Let's keep it at "weather permitting" until it gets closer to the date and we can get an accurate forecast. If it's a monsoon I don't really wanna ride...
I agree and I am in. Still have to double check the weekend schedule with the Mrs but I believe it is clear. I am finishing my headlight brackets today and will begin painting them tonight before work. I should have at least one light wired in by Sunday afternoon and ready to ride. I will be using a second switch for the second headlight and I still haven't decided where I want to locate the switch so that is the delay on that one. I am working on the light bar next and hope that is frabricated and ready for paint by next Friday. The actual fabrication isn't difficult but learning to use all the different tools correctly is the time consuming part. Lucky that I have a good friend with a well equipped shop and he is patient. Added to all that, he is a long time rider so it all works out. He built his own trike that is powered by a VW turbo deisel and knows his stuff so I am confident under his tutelage.

Hope to see you in ten days.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There have been numerous posts regarding NJ riders and meeting members of this group for new rides in the general area. If you are interested in a future initial one day gathering here in NJ combined with a group ride please respond to this post so I can gather some contact information. I am thinking that we can meet for breakfast and then head out for a good ride afterwards. If anyone has a specific meeting place in mind please make suggestions with your response. I ususally meet with a group in Pennington, NJ (Brass Ring) on Sunday mornings and head out for rides along the Delaware River on both the NJ and PA sides. If this brings enough interest we can possibly have other future gatherings starting in different areas of the state. The main idea is to meet like minded riders and enjoy new riding areas. This is all very informal and any suggestions or assistance would be greatly accepted. Please feel free to respond with any contact information you are comfortable with using for future use. I am hoping this can be done in a manner that "newbies" and more experienced rides will enjoy. Thanks.
I'm in Ocean County. I usually ride with my wife's group. Would be nice to get away from all those Harleys for a change. If someone fronts a plan, we'll try and make it...John and Colleen.

·
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Read Post #'s 13 and 15 for the set date, time and location for the initial meet up. Anyone interested can send me or Liberty Pilot theirs cell phone number via PM and I will try to keep everyone informed of any last minute changes. It would be good if any other interested riders let this "thread" know of their interest. I will send you my cell number and you can contact me the day of the ride if you are running late or need extra directions. We still have over a week so all should be able to preview the internet for the Stewart's location. Please see Post #10 of this thread. Also please let us know if your are bringing additional riders just so we have a rough idea and can possibly plan on a stopping area that will accomodate all bikes. Thanks for the interest and I am looking forward to a great ride.

Liberty Pilot, let me know what I can do to help with this inaugural ride. I am pretty much ready with my bike and hope to have several days to spare before Monday to work out any unseen/unplanned problems

1 - 20 of 78 Posts