Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, My name is Cody I recently purchased a 1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 with just over 9k miles on her.
Its my first bike, I went and got my class M recently but haven't done a lot of riding because I have been putting a little bit of love into the bike!
I do all of my own repairs, right now the engine is dropped, due to a mechanical seal failure causing the bearing to fail. It looks like I will be splitting the crankcase!

·
Registered
774 Posts
tough job to hop right into, but if you're mechanically inclined (which it sounds like you are) you'll do well with this bike. plenty of help to be had here, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tough job to hop right into, but if you're mechanically inclined (which it sounds like you are) you'll do well with this bike. plenty of help to be had here, welcome to the forum
Thank you! I do alright, I like to think my mechanical skills are at least above average, but not grand master by any means! I repaired pools for a while, where mechanical seal failures ruined bearings as well! I am patient and willing to learn. And I enjoy doing it so that helps with frustrating situations.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse. Look into doing a stator and the tuxedo mod while it's apart replacement of the balancer bushings wouldn't hurt, while it's apart

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome aboard mate

Funny, I've been off the forum for a while but, had the same failure occur. I've fixed it without splitting the case but just as painfully nonetheless. Granted, splitting the case is a good way to solve the stator issue while you're at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts