Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1995 750 vulcan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi, ive been cruising the site for info, an found quite a bit. Got the service manual, and lots of ideas.
My bike was given to me by a buddy who "got his Harley" (and an oil spot:pepper:) 1995 750. all i need to do is clean the tank and carbs, which aren't that bad at all, and a general tune-up. the bike has 8000 miles on it. cant wait to ride it. too bad it sat unused for five years!?....im thinking about bringing it up to spec, then the fun stuff. pipes, ears, strip off some of the riff raff, electrical. Sounds like i should get a nice riding bike for a song......i hope:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you got a great bargain as well as a great bike. Lots of knowledgeable, helpful folks here.

·
1995 750 vulcan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to say you all are a very mellow bunch, which is refreshing.....not a lot of ball busting teen angst.....ha. anyone here in northern california?:rockon:

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Hello yes Northern Calif yes, but over closer to the coast. The city is Petaluma just south of Santa Rosa. Welcome to the sight, have fun with the bike, make it yours.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the madness from Southern Alberta. Is the vn your first motorcycle? By all means get it all cleaned up and running good. Then enjoy the ride for a season before making any permenant changes. JMHO.

If you will be using the bike as a daily driver, you should know that changing out the "ears" for pod filters, degoating, and putting more open pipes on, may hurt your low end power in exchange for more top end. By some accounts when you have to rejet the carbs, it will reduce your fuel economy by perhaps 20% too.

I`m a big, older guy (5" 10 1/2" tall, #300 and 56 yrs. old) who has found the bike so far, has all the power I need. It does need a better seat, and some highway pegs to help cure the numb bum that occurs after 30 minutes or so in the saddle.

I know a lot of guys modify the bike so it will take a seat without the backrest, for a sleek smooth look. I like the backrest for taking my grandkids on rides, and supporting a backpack for carrying my stuff to work etc. and as a driver backrest when riding solo.

I just like to have a place to carry stuff when using the bike for running errands or going someplace. I also want the best fuel economy I can get. If those are not your priorities, and you want a "hot rod" bike, just ignore everything I just said, and go for it!!

There is lots of help available for the mods you mentioned. Go now and enjoy the 3 R`s; readin`, wrenchin`, and ridin`.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Welcome to the madness from Southern Alberta. Is the vn your first motorcycle? By all means get it all cleaned up and running good. Then enjoy the ride for a season before making any permenant changes. JMHO.
He's from California, do they even have a riding season?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts