Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bat
161 Posts
I have a set of debaffled mufflers that will be available soon. Have your present ones been drilled or changed from stock in any way...might be interested in a swap.
Mine are 2005 stock with baffles removed and a short straight pipe added.
Me? I'm going for QUIET!!
Bat

·
Bat
161 Posts
It will probably be Tuesday before I can talk to the mechanic who is doing the work on my bike...usually I do it myself, but know nothing about this bike and would like to have it done right the first time at least. When I can get the stock, baffleless mufflers off and find a way to ship them, I will let you know, and you can get yours on the way to me then...I'll ship ground, cheapest way, either UPS or USPS, whatever is least.
Don't worry about the discoloration...I think I can live with that better than the noise!
Perhaps the oven cleaner trick will work, as long as they aren't dented or badly scratched, I think we've got a deal. Mine are perfectly beautiful to look at...you'll be happy with them...might want to look at baffles to mellow out the tone...they're really raucous...but if that's your thing, go for them!
Bat

·
Bat
161 Posts
dlam 27...yes..I do have pics, and when I figure out how to post them, I will do so... they are perfect and shiny, no scrapes or scratches, bright chrome. The bike has been well cared for...it's a 2005 and only has 8100 miles on it, so hasn't been ridden much.

I don't know about the removal...I think it's pretty straight forward, but that is why I'm having a mechanic do it the first time until I can get the manual...it will be done right.
I will ask him Tuesday (he doesn't work Monday) for some info about what he'll need to take them off and put them back on...pick his brains. I can have him take them off that day and get them shipped to you quickly...hope you can do the same pretty fast so we're both on the road again and happy. Send me an email with your phone number to [email protected], and we can talk about the swap some more if you like....I think we both need addresses to ship to, and it would be nice to talk to you in person about it. Thanks
Barb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.