Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Random dude from Jersey
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

Chris from New Jersey, rapidly approaching mid 40's.

Got my M endorsement and my Vulcan summer 2019. Put about 3500 miles on before it got too cold to be fun.

40F is about my limit. Figured out a decent gear setup to ride and feel comfortable and have a good time without any heated gear or hardware yet down to either weather.com says it's 40 or gonna be 40 in the next hour or so.

I have been lurking on here for that whole time. Reddit recommends you guys and the forum comes up pretty good for a lot of searches about our bikes. Learned a lot, so thanks for that.

Finally need to post so I can check in with the guy who makes the tuxedo stator mod plates, because apparently **** me if I want my battery to charge while I'm riding :doh:

Life's too short to pull the engine in a parking lot just to keep the electrical system working, amirite?

Anyway, that's me. Love the forum. Joined as lifetime member with the credit card or whatever because I have already gotten a ton of value out of this place and appreciate that it exists.

If you happen to be close-ish to north jersey and want to ride around in a few weeks after I get my bike running, hit me up.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Hey guys and gals,

Chris from New Jersey, rapidly approaching mid 40's.

Got my M endorsement and my Vulcan summer 2019. Put about 3500 miles on before it got too cold to be fun.

40F is about my limit. Figured out a decent gear setup to ride and feel comfortable and have a good time without any heated gear or hardware yet down to either weather.com says it's 40 or gonna be 40 in the next hour or so.

I have been lurking on here for that whole time. Reddit recommends you guys and the forum comes up pretty good for a lot of searches about our bikes. Learned a lot, so thanks for that.

Finally need to post so I can check in with the guy who makes the tuxedo stator mod plates, because apparently **** me if I want my battery to charge while I'm riding :doh:

Life's too short to pull the engine in a parking lot just to keep the electrical system working, amirite?

Anyway, that's me. Love the forum. Joined as lifetime member with the credit card or whatever because I have already gotten a ton of value out of this place and appreciate that it exists.

If you happen to be close-ish to north jersey and want to ride around in a few weeks after I get my bike running, hit me up.
Where about in North Jersey?

Sent from my 100005206 using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I grew up in Sussex county up by Vernon. I'm in central my now. About 50 miles above Binghamton

·
Random dude from Jersey
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I grew up in Sussex county up by Vernon. I'm in central my now. About 50 miles above Binghamton
Great roads for riding in Sussex. Pretty much always end up riding through either that area or West Milford and end up cruising around the lower part of NY.

Would you believe I have actually visited Norwich a few times (not with the bike yet)? Have a family member with some property in Chenango County maybe 15 miles north.

When people ask where I'm going, I tell them it's about an hour away from anyplace they probably have heard of... which would be Syracuse, Binghamton, or Cooperstown.

Nice area to get away from the hustle and bustle.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Great roads for riding in Sussex. Pretty much always end up riding through either that area or West Milford and end up cruising around the lower part of NY.

Would you believe I have actually visited Norwich a few times (not with the bike yet)? Have a family member with some property in Chenango County maybe 15 miles north.

When people ask where I'm going, I tell them it's about an hour away from anyplace they probably have heard of... which would be Syracuse, Binghamton, or Cooperstown.

Nice area to get away from the hustle and bustle.
Up by Sherburne and Earlville? Yes the roads are great for riding when they are in good shape. Right now we have a bunch of potholes.

A few of us on here used to go to an event in Vernon called strange days. It is now over by Port Jervis. I like the Hawks Nest down by Port on RT.97

·
2005 VN 750
40 Posts
I grew up in Sussex county up by Vernon. I'm in central my now. About 50 miles above Binghamton NY
I lived outside of Sussex in Wantage for a year or two, then migrated north up near Walton NY for several years, then to the Binghamton area for a year. Jobs were scarce. I like that auto museum in Norwich. It was started by a farmer who collected Franklin cars that were made in NY. They are air cooled, with a dummy radiator.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I lived outside of Sussex in Wantage for a year or two, then migrated north up near Walton NY for several years, then to the Binghamton area for a year. Jobs were scarce. I like that auto museum in Norwich. It was started by a farmer who collected Franklin cars that were made in NY. They are air cooled, with a dummy radiator.
Jobs are still kinda tough

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
"Finally need to post so I can check in with the guy who makes the tuxedo stator mod plates, because apparently **** me if I want my battery to charge while I'm riding

Life's too short to pull the engine in a parking lot just to keep the electrical system working, amirite?"

It's up to you, but I strongly advise against using that tuxedo mod without first removing the engine and the left engine cover, and doing the mod away from the bike. If you do it while the cover is on the bike, you will be dumping a bunch of metal shavings into your engine. That is NOT a good idea. Ask ANY mechanic. I go to extremes to keep dirt out of my engine. I like my engines to last, and have the best possible chance of not blowing up on me.

Have you checked the cam chain tensioners and the final drive splines? Two very common and VERY expensive failure points on the Vulcan 750.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts