Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys- I purchased the grips in the link below and received them. The greatly resemble the ISO grips. I have read the verses and done multiple searches and can find anything that helps me totally.

The throttle or right side grip seems to have gone on easily. I removed the old grip by taking out the two screws allowing me to get to the throttle cable. I reinstalled them in the new grip and tightened it all back up. A couple of things. The grips doesn't recoil back like it should now when you give it gas. It seems tight... and during the install i didn't use any glue or hair spray because it seems to me that it needs to spin freely. I have read a lot regarding some "sleeve" but I did not see or encounter one. A sleeve that you need a dremel to shave some parts off?

The left side i have not installed pending some direction. It looks like I just cut the old one off.. Clean the bar... and use some Glue to put this one on?

Thanks guys

Helps appreciated

Jay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Custom-Billet-Aluminum-Hand-Grips-7-8-Black-Kawasaki-Ninja-250-500-/280750141813?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=4&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=3713205203664475802#ht_2853wt_1163

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
The left side i have not installed pending some direction. It looks like I just cut the old one off.. Clean the bar... and use some Glue to put this one on?
That's pretty much what I did for the left one.

Dunno about the right though.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
on the Throttle side ,make sure you didn't slide it on the bar too far and thereby letting the inside end of the grip rub on the end of the bars.It looks like the sleeve is already in the grip on the pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts