Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around Ebay this evening found a brand new fuel tank Buy it now $400, starting bid $300, if anyone is interested. See lots of used ones but rarely a new one. By the wayat cheapcycleparts.com, these go for $454 for all colors but green, they are $486. Not sure where the seller got his info that tank retails for $606.00. Caveat Emptor!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VULCAN-750-04-05-FUEL-TANK-EBONY-51083-5095-376_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a10Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem300291163329QQitemZ300291163329QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
606.00?

I think some seller's just make up a "retail-list" price sometimes. He'll know if it's priced right by how long he has it....whether or not he admits it is a whole 'nuther story. ;) (no bids yet)

He's a couple hours west of me here in MI, not close enough to drop in for a visit. He doesn't have any photos of it and the one neg. feedback he has says this:

Sells previously shipping damaged items as NEW
Like you said, Caveat Emptor!

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are so right. In that case this is not a bad price and I may just buy it if I ever get my bailout money from Congress, that is if there's any left after I take my bonus out.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
You are so right. In that case this is not a bad price and I may just buy it if I ever get my bailout money from Congress, that is if there's any left after I take my bonus out.
The bad thing is once you get the bailout money you will have to sign over your scoot to the government. Then you won't be able to do any mods untill you repay the loan, or sleep with Nancy and Hillary. :doh:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Hmmmmmmm, Do you have to sleep with both of them at the same time or can you do them seperately? LOL

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nancy AND Hillary, that would be a Nillary and noway! I'll keep the bike and pass on the bailout money. My bike is worth more than Congress, at least my bike does not disappoint me and the left side is not constantly putting down or complaining about the right side. Hmmmm, what if bikers ran the country????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts