Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my new Kaw exhaust gaskets, along with wrapping the sections of the pipes where the connecting pipe (degoated) goes from the exhaust pipe to the muffler. Really easy process, and it sounds much better. I will try to make some more adjustments on the fuel/air adjuster to see if that eliminates some of the backfiring... I got the tape from Advanced for like $4 a package. Takes two packages. Was impressed with the ease of this low-level project...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interesting. I just bought some V&H pipes for the bike, and I'll be putting in new gaskets as well. Where can I find them? What is this tape? I'm new to this.

·
2,526 Posts
Just go to you nearest dealer and pick up a set of exhaust gaskets. The tape they are talking about is used where they piece the pipes together where the goats belly used to be. Your new pipes won't need any tape.

·
Registered
121 Posts
haha I would but I'm in bum****-nowhere, Wyoming. Kawasaki dealer maybe 600 miles away. I'll get some online, but will I need 2 of them? or more?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
just two

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Bad idea to wrap yer pipes, unless you live in Alaska or the Northwest Territories....wrapping pipes make the engine run hotter, and our VNs run hot enough....but.....to each their own....

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
anyone ever head one just de-goated vs the V&H cruizers? im just wondering if they sound better then basically straight piped, because i just bought a set and was wondering mine is de goated

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I ran mine stock muffs degoated, but muffs were already debaffled....way to loud for me...thats why I opted for the degoat and Sportsters....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts