Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be putting on some V&H Cruzers in the near future, but keep seeing threads that lead me to believe I will need to buy other parts.

Is that true, or can I get away with just the pipes? If I do need other stuff, what is it?

Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
if you need anything else it would be the crush gaskets for the exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe...
And possibly some lock washers? Seems someone said the flanges on the Cruzers were thinner than the stock exhaust flanges?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I just installed a set of Cruzers.

All I used was a new set of HD crush Gaskets.

Part Number is all over this board. Just search HD crush gaskets.

Or just get the OEM ones. Either way that is all you will need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I've seen they're not THAT much louder, just deeper ...? I don't mind a little more volume, is it that big of a difference?
They are MUCH louder, just installed them on my bike today, and i am sorry to say that it was a big mistake on my behalf!

In idle everything arround is shaking, and when opening the throtle, it gets even worse.

Went here to se if anybody had an idea to solve this matter, and the first tread was this.

So if you are living close to other people, dont use them!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are MUCH louder, just installed them on my bike today, and i am sorry to say that it was a big mistake on my behalf!

In idle everything arround is shaking, and when opening the throtle, it gets even worse.

Went here to se if anybody had an idea to solve this matter, and the first tread was this.

So if you are living close to other people, dont use them!

CRAAAP, well at least I know now. Just saved myself 400 bucks. I want a MUCH deeper sound than I have now, but don't want alot more volume and don't want to drop alot of cash. I've heard samples of degoating and wasn't that impressed. Slip ons, maybe? I'm such a newb with this stuff.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
i thought about that too but i love the look of the cruzers over stock

·
quick learner
38 Posts
Anyone have Mac exhaust? sound clips on an 02-04 vn750?

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I do not have MAC exhaust......I have Vance & Hines Cruzers.....I have heard Mac's though......IMO.....I think Mac's sound horrible.......If you like the sound of a dirt bike...than Mac's are for you.....If you like the sound of an 883 Sporty with aftermarket exhaust...V&H Cruzers are for you! I have not heard a Full Jardine Exhaust system yet(no longer made..but floating around on E-Bay from time to time)....but I have heard from others that they also sound really good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts