Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to making the dash I wanted. I started with KM's design as a template. I drafted it in CAD and added several measuring marks. Glued it to cardboard, tested, measured, made changes to the CAD file and did it all over again. I did that about 6 times before I ended up with a final design I liked. It doesn't block the current dash and fits nicely with a Plexifairing 3. I have a voltmeter, clock/temp, 2 port USB charger, a switch for the radiator fan, a switch for my ridding lights and another switch for my accent lights I will be installing this winter, after I get the bike re-painted. The two buttons on the right are to set the clock and switch back and forth between the clock and the temperature.

picture here. More pictures once its painted and installed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks clean and really useful, nicely done! That's a lot more switches than I have on mine

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FINALLY!!!!!!!

Here is the final install of the dash. I like it and being able to charge my phone is amazing! no more GPS killing my battery. There are a couple bonus images here too. One is the front of the bike with the new driving lights and the other is of the new bag running /brake lights i installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looking good!

Hey, how do you like those forward controls? I was looking at some a few months ago just because I'm tall and wouldn't mind stretching out a bit more ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good!

Hey, how do you like those forward controls? I was looking at some a few months ago just because I'm tall and wouldn't mind stretching out a bit more ;)
they are good. I am 6' 0" and I like them a lot. i am thinking about getting pegs that have a heel rest on them. Either way, it think its way better than the stock. Here is the thread I posted right after I installed them. http://www.vn750.com/forum/29-equipment/93721-refined-cycle-forwards.html#post1180137

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks awesome! Did you have to do anything power-wise, like a bigger alternator?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts