Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am planning on changing my handlebars. I am thinking of using ROX speed risers - maybe 2" or 3" and drag bars - haven't picked out a set yet.

I am aware that I may have clearance issues and that is why I am going to get the pivoting risers, but my question is about my cables, namely brake lines, throttle cables, choke cable, clutch cable.

Since I will be shortening the overall distance from the top of the neck to the controls, will I need shorter cables, or can I just route all my cables a little bit differently (obviously avoiding kinks and snag points while turning the front end).

I am sure some of you have gone through this process, and if you changed cables, perhaps some part numbers, or general descriptions would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just put on superbike bars with 3" rise and no riser extension. Gives about 1/4" clearance around the tanks. Only real issue with cables is the clutch cable. I rerouted it around the triple tree. I'll get a pic later as right now I have the headlight off, mocking up new mounting brackets to drop it.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put on superbike bars with 3" rise and no riser extension. Gives about 1/4" clearance around the tanks. Only real issue with cables is the clutch cable. I rerouted it around the triple tree. I'll get a pic later as right now I have the headlight off, mocking up new mounting brackets to drop it.
I'm interested to see those pictures. I am trying to figure out what kind of rise I would need ona set of Z-bars depending on what angle I pull them back at. I figured something between 3-4". I'm actually looking for a set of striaght z-bars in 7/8" size. Really hard to find. Might have to have them made

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I used the same type bars and i think the cable i used was off a kz1000 that had a straight fitting where it goes into the clutch lever for more gas tank clearance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well I went out and took some pics. I also measured the bars to make sure. I wanted 3" rise but I think I grabbed some with 2"+ rise. Not exactly sure. Found them new at Bob's use motorcycle junkyard. If you live near Phoenix and are into motorcycles, you know where I'm talking about. Here's a link to the pics on webshots.

Hope it works.

Louie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts