Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess I can announce it on here since I just brought the bike home yesterday, and I want to assure everyone that I AM KEEPING my 750 as I love the bike too much to get rid of it, but I now have 2001 Harley 1200s Sportster as well.
I had been looking at this bike since it first caught my eye on Cycle-Trader.com last September. It was at a Harley Dealer in Greenville, NC. as a consignment bike for a customer that had been diagnosed with a congenative heart disease recently and could no longer ride. From September to January the price went from $6,5000.00 to $6,000.00 so I decided last Month to buy it. When I called, the customer was so desperate to sell with his medical bills, that he dropped the price to $5,750.00.
Anyway, I rented a truck on Friday, drove to North Carolina, picked up the bike Saturday morning and got it back in Chicago about 2:30 am Sunday morning.......

Stevie D.
Chicago

Attachments

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Sweet! Congratulations.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Congrats on the new (and very nice) ride. :)

If it's possible, when I get another bike, I'm gonna try to keep the Vulcan too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice looking bike. Congratulations. I ride a '98 Vulcan 750 and a Harley '07 Sportster 1200C. I can't part with the 750 because it is so much fun to ride and so reliable. I know you'll like the H-D. In case you haven't yet, you should check the Harley-David forum, hdforums.com. It is almost as good as this forum. Have a good ride.

·
Registered
707 Posts
nice bike... wouldnt mind another myslef... by the way... nice vette,,,

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Congrats on the bike! How does the riding position differ from the Vulcan? I know its a 1200 but is it a bigger bike overall? What year is it and how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Nice bike,and sounds like a good deal too!!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That`s a nice looking ride Stevie. It looks like a tall rider could stretch out a bit more on the Sportster than on the VN. I thought you must have a thing about driving/ riding only white vehicles until I took a closer look at your avitar, and I see that your Vulcan is orange. lol Enjoy the ride, and keep the shiny side up.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Nice lookin' Bike, Steve :beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts