Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 94 Vulcan spring 2010. It always started last year but not right up. It always cranked a few times to get it going. This spring it wasn't holding a charge so I bought the Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS as recomended on this forum. I can't believe the difference it has made. I hit it and it starts the first turn. I like my Vulcan and this forum and all you contributing members are such a help.

Enjoy the Ride

Mcneuby :smiley_th

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Very Good Choice......AGM Batteries are Awesome! I have a renamed Deka AGM Battery. I totally love it!

·
Registered
458 Posts
From what ive learned is the vulcan needs everybit of a good battery to operate the starter and the ignition. As the battery voltage gets lower the harder it is to start. Problem i had with mine is it seemed to be cranking just fine (my inexperiance) but it wouldnt start. A more experianced guy came up and said my battery was low just by listening to it, gave me a jump and i was on my way. Got rid of that cheap maintenance battery and its been great erver since.

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
Replacing the battery with an AGM is a huge step. Next- install iridium plugs to really help with starts (and running). I was shocked at the difference they made in my bike. They made as much an improvement as the battery did!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts