Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new battery maintainer from harbor freight. It came with brackets to permanatly install it. I decided to mount it on the left side, under the cover, in front of the junction box. I put a bolt through the screw hole for the bottom of the cover and tightened it down, then slid the charger bracket onto it and tightened it down with a nut. There is enough bolt sticking out so that i can use a wing nut or something similar and secure the bottom of the cover so it doesnt blow off. It only cost 20 bucks, and it is the 3 stage charger that all the AGM typer batteries require. I have it charging the battery now, it was really low, I will keep you all posted on how it works and put some pics up of the finished product.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Charger

Hi Diamondjim:

I have one of those chargers, and it has worked well for me. I made some leads with bullet connectors that I tuck under the seat while riding, and alligator clips that slide into the female bullets are on the charger. I just hook up when I'm not going to ride for a few days.
I did not want to attach it to the bike. I don't know if the vibration and heat might kill one of the chinese things. I bet yours will work fine though.
Thanks for your service Marine. We owe you!

Bronson

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So as promised, here is an update on the charger with pics. The charger works great, it brought my old wet cell battery back to life, altough i am planning on purchasing an AGM battery in the near future. But since I cant ridie it right now, its not a huge deal as its not run that often. But it works great, and the side cover fits right over it, you cant even tell its there with the cover on.

View attachment 3338

View attachment 3339

1 - 3 of 3 Posts