Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read this on another forum about the 900.
"The Vulcan 900 looks mighty good with lots of new technology, etc. I just took a close look at one in a local delearship and found there is a surprising amount of parts looking like chrome that are actually chrome colored plastic. The wrap around the speedometer, some covers on the sides including the transmission cover on driver’s left side and what was really surprising was the cylinder head tops are PLASTIC!!!"

Interesting! I know it's cheaper, and lighter, but thinking about our speedo and tach bezels, seems like it will start showing it's age over time...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a stange though of upgrading and went to the dealer and I noticed the same thing. Even worse the one I sat on felt like it had a wood saddle, it had very little padding.

I was longing for my 750 within a few minutes and went home to give her a wax job ;)

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
well i like the overall idea behind the 900, but dont like the 'small' issues that seem to be present.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Are the fenders plastic too ? Seems like more than a few are these daze.

·
Registered
277 Posts
well you gotta figure that to keep the 900 under 8 G's you have to cut corners somewhere and replacing metal parts with tupperware is a good place to start ... & hopefully stop.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I read somewhere that the fenders ARE plastic

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In my mind, it just reinforces what we all know about our 750's, that they are so much more bike than just about anything in and beyond it's class, for the money! Even with the sleeping lube guy on the assembly line, I'm still amazed what I got for the money.

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
You're absolutely right. I'm amazed as I've looked at other cruisers, at how you can pay a lot more...and actually get less bike...than our 750.

For what it's worth, I rode the new 900 LT at Daytona during Biketoberfest; it's a nice ride, but as you would naturally expect, the floorboards keep the lean angles waaaaaaaaaay down.:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts