Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody, I just purchased a 1999 vn750 yesterday with 11k on it so I joined this forum to learn more about it. Once I'm riding for awhile I'll probably turn it into a bobber. For now it just needs a new front tire then I'll enjoy riding it for awhile. Any tips on just cleaning up the look and minimizing it to make it look a little less cluttered? Thanks :beerchug:

EDIT: Has anyone ever seen someone put a skinny king and queen seat with a big sissy bar(like old school choppers had) on a vn750?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Welcome aboard! You bought the best year. ;)

A few folks have tried to "bob", chop, whatever the vn750. Swapping seats helps a lot, new bars helps too. The least attractive parts are the gauges and top triple tree clamp. Hard to do much with it because once you remove everything it's still ugly. A couple of fellas on here did hard tails a while back.

I think we'd all love to see what you come up with for yours.

·
Registered
203 Posts
+1 on gauges and seat. Also the earshave procedure, which removes the two big air boxes on each side of the bike.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just got a 99 a couple months ago, and although I'm not looking to bob mine or anything, I would suggest doing non-permanent things first (like the seat change) and see how you like it for a while after each step, before you jump too far and wish you hadn't.

Plus be sure and post stuff on the sale/swap forum here. For example, if you want to chop the fender and paint it, and you've got a perfectly good 99 fender, someone might want to trade you that needs a 99. That way they get the correct paint color they need for their bike, and you end up with the same thing you intended to have in the first place, a vulcan fender to customize.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree the gauges are pretty ugly and the ones on my bike are all rusty. I do still at least want a speedo though so if I remove all of that do you guys know of another speedo that would fit well? and what kind of solo seat would you guys recommend? I have an idea of what style bars I want, I'm going to go for the skinny look so I'll search about for those. Any parts I take off will definitely go into the sell/trade section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts