Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McKnight's clutch cable was a wreck, so I pulled it and cannibalized Orleans for her cable. The old McKnight cable has been in the garage for the last three months, and finally, Wednesday night, I said, "Self, throw it out! It's stretched, you've got a new cable for Orleans. It's trash." So I did. Tonight, I'm putting the new cable on Orleans and - lo and behold - there's no _*@!#$+)* adjusting barrel up at the perch. Sonuvabiscuiteater!!!!!!! It was on the old cable - which really, really, really did go out on Thursday a.m. (trust me, I checked the trash cans in hopes...).

Anyone know if the adjusting barrels are standard? I've got an 83 Yamaha XV750 sitting in the garage for this winter's project, and am gonna start cannibalizing that one if there's cross-over.

And if they're not standard...ahem...anyone got one s/he wants to sell? :doh:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Hi Cindy! I'll look in the garage and see if I can come up with one. We moved over the last month, and the garage is now the "storage" room until I can get a work shop built. I also started a new job a few weeks ago so life as I knew it, has changed a bunch. Been missing my buddies here on the forum and not riding much with all the heat and rain. I thought I'd stop by and say howdy and saw you posted. Keep your fingers crossed as I venture into the pile. I'll let you know soon!

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Never throw anything away...
I am very glad that I did not get rid of my stock exhaust.

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I have one in the garage from my dirtbike (I knew there was a reason I didn't throw it away!) I'd think it's a somewhat standard sized thing, but I can't say for sure.
I'll check in the morning (or what daylight working people call early afternoon) and let ya know.

Hey Fergy!!
Was starting to wonder where you went?!
Hope all went well with the move and is going well with the new job :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Guys. Brian, it does look like they're standard, from that website you posted. Gee, I want anodized blue aluminum!!

Fergy, nice to have you back! I was wondering where you'd gone, too! New home, new job....glad you haven't forgotten about us. :)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, I didn't throw the old dirtbike clutch cable away!! But the adjuster wasn't on it?
Luckily, I also found a spare perch for the dirtbike, and there was one on there :smiley_th
PM me your address Cindy
(I shoulda checked what PM's I was deleting before I deleted them. be careful what ya throw away there too) :doh:

EDIT: By the way, it's not anodized blue, or even chrome for that matter. It's brass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts