Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in a description of a VN750.

colored LED lights with remote,and safety rotating LED bulbs in the taillight(they rotate while riding and flash on and off when brake is applied.

Sounds like it would make drivers take notice. Anyone seen these forsale?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've never seen ones that rotate, but I've got a set of LED bulbs that flash when the brakes are applied and then flash ever 60 seconds the brakes are continuously held.

Dual Intensity 1 x 3 Watt High Power LED w/ Brake Flasher

a buddy I ride with frequently commented that they are quite the attention getter.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I rode with a guy who had the rotating tail light and flashing brake light.The flashing brake light I liked.The taillight will get attention like it or not. One of the KSP's finest followed us a long way on the high way checking out that taillight.It was most likely the cause as the trooper was passing us and slowed down and fell in behind us.He didn't stop us,but that is not the kind of attention I want.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
This was in a description of a VN750.

colored LED lights with remote,and safety rotating LED bulbs in the taillight(they rotate while riding and flash on and off when brake is applied.

Sounds like it would make drivers take notice. Anyone seen these forsale?
Yeah, years back I purchased a pair Online, normal (replacement) bulb base. Great attention getter as designed. Creates activity towards drivers in the rear, brakes provides great (Flash) additional attention. Works so well, I removed one of the two installed in the tail light.

colored LED lights with remote
I havn't a clue what this remote is.

:smiley_th

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Just bought some pimp red LED's to go under my tank. If it's too pimped I'll take them back to wally world.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I believe they are just for show and not intended to be used while actually riding...as that may be illegal in most states.

The remote is to control the rate and color patterns produced....like when at a bike show or a bike night at a local eatery.

The pulsating brake light modules are legal in some states, but the number of pulses and the frequency is defined in some areas as "legal".

Personally...and IMO only...I wouldn't want to draw too much attention to myself as it could actually attract the wrong type of attention. I have seen people flip out and become aggressive when following vehicles with pulsing brake lights....especially in heavy traffic.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
if you want a flashing tail light, i bought a flasher off amazon for 15 bucks. it flashes 4 times then goes steady

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I've got one of the flashing brake lights that do a jig when applied. I figure anything out of the ordinary to get the other drivers' attention. Help keep me upright!

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I've got one of the flashing brake lights that do a jig when applied. I figure anything out of the ordinary to get the other drivers' attention. Help keep me upright!
WTG ! I have used mine for years, many states (but never NJ), never an issue - legal or otherwise.

:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
This site has tons of whacky LED setups....few state if they are DOT approved.....personally, If be affeared of freaking out an epilectic driver following me, lol...

http://www.radiantz.com/

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Good point Wolfie, I has a friend, she knew she was epileptic but on meds, anyway she told me those flashing taillights made her feel like she was starting a seizure if she was following them in the rain at night.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....they make me feel like Im having a flashback, lol....I prefer just pumping my brake to alert a dumb driver behind me (like your emergency flashers would)....that quick frequency of flash is annoying....to me anyway....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts