Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of coast richeners (2) and a pack float needles (6) from this site. When it arrived i had only 1 of each. When i went back they had deleted the products with the original product numbers and recreated them with different product numbers. When i called them to find out what happened while ON THE PHONE they changed the new products' descriptions to remove the quantities and tried to say it was a typo. I had it open in multiple tabs to ensure that i had copies of the old products w/ descriptions.

the guy told me that he could issue me a label to return the product if i wanted to but that there was nothing else he could do. He was an absolute "hole" on the phone and at one point even mocked me about it.

I went online and looked them up and found 94 - 1 star reviews with everyone saying the same thing and to NOT return anything to them as they will retain an arbitrary amount claiming it is a restock fee as well as not pay the return shipping.

Just to warn you guys if you don't already know. Avoid these douche's.

Now i am down 1 float needle and 1 coast enrichener to get this thing functional. Can anyone recommend a REPUTABLE site?

,mike

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I use bikebandit.com or cheapcycleparts.com most of the time for oem parts. Been using them for years. I just received a $165 order from CCP, and they got everything right. Their shipping is a bit high, but if your order is at least $150, it's no higher than the sales tax in my state.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Gee Mike that sucks.how di companies like this expect return business ?i don't get it.whatever happened to customer service ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've ordered from partzilla many times with no problems. And they're in Georgia so you know they're good folks!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I ordered a set of coast richeners (2) and a pack float needles (6) from this site. When it arrived i had only 1 of each. When i went back they had deleted the products with the original product numbers and recreated them with different product numbers. When i called them to find out what happened while ON THE PHONE they changed the new products' descriptions to remove the quantities and tried to say it was a typo. I had it open in multiple tabs to ensure that i had copies of the old products w/ descriptions.

the guy told me that he could issue me a label to return the product if i wanted to but that there was nothing else he could do. He was an absolute "hole" on the phone and at one point even mocked me about it.

I went online and looked them up and found 94 - 1 star reviews with everyone saying the same thing and to NOT return anything to them as they will retain an arbitrary amount claiming it is a restock fee as well as not pay the return shipping.

Just to warn you guys if you don't already know. Avoid these douche's.

Now i am down 1 float needle and 1 coast enrichener to get this thing functional. Can anyone recommend a REPUTABLE site?

,mike
Did you pay on a CC or with Paypal,, If you did, and have proof you ordered multiple and they sent you one, stop/dispute the charge. You will get your money back or what you what your originally paid for.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a similar problem with them over a bad set of Shinko tires.

They wanted me to jump through a million hoops to return the tires.

Even told me that I would have to buy another set and then they would let me know if Shinko "authorized" the return.

I contacted Shinko directly, and they sent me a new set of tires without requiring me to return the old ones.

I know that I will never buy tires from these people again.

It seems that buying "other" items should be of great concern also.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
It seems a few members have been badly treated by this vendor so I feel justified in stickying this thread to warn others of their less than stellar reputation. :(

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Thanks Hoss

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
You're welcome Doc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For OEM parts, Partzilla: OEM Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, Marine Parts is usually the best. They also have all the parts diagrams which is very helpful. Shipping can be slow and its in your interest to put a big order in to save on shipping. For tires I always check Motorcycle Gear, Parts and Accessories - Motorcycle Superstore 1st. They usually have good prices on gear as well and they're always sending me coupons. I also have amazon prime so if I can get free 2 day shipping and the price is similar I go with them. eBay always sides with the buyer 1st. I've had to deal with this as a seller and its not fun because they automatically side in favor of the buyer and you have to talk to 5 different supervisors before they will even listen to you. I don't use bike bandit only because they are usually the most expensive.

·
Registered
499 Posts
RonAyers is another great option. I've bought from them for years without a single problem. Great prices.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I've been finding more and more through Amazon so with Prime it's free shipping and easy returns.
So true.

Most of my ACDelco car parts have been through Amazon, and cheaper than most other places too.

Wrong fit? Hassle free return!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
partzillia has been great with me. ups lost my package, i called partzillia to get the claim started and they overnighted the parts right way. the original order was on 3/13. ups called me today to discuss the problem...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts