Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to having a VN 750, only a couple months. Mine is a 2001 with 10000 miles. Last night while heading home after work (I work night shift), I went to pass a pickup that was going 20 miles an hour. As I went to pass they decided to speed up, so I opened her up. After putting them a safe distance behind me, I eased off the throttle and what do you know, it wouldn't close. So here I am flying down a road at the edge of town with a bike that won't slow down. After 2 or 3 seconds of "WTF am I going to do?" I reached up and turned off the kill switch. I opened and closed the throttle a couple times and it released. I restarted, crept home and immediately changed my pants, lol.

I looked at everything between the handle and the carbs and can't see anything that is catching or binding. Any suggestions on what happened so that I can fix it?

All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Maybe lube the cables?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
May be a sticky pivot point on the carb controls themselves. Try spraying some penetrating oil on the carbs to see if that loosens anything up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check the cables and spray everything down in the morning. Hopefully one of those will do the trick.

Thanks again for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts