1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
As long as they fit on our plugs and coils I would thing they would work, You just need 4 of them.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
No they are just for looks.
Kinda neet, they falsh with the spark.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
if anything the reduce the spark power. they emit light, so they have to be taking some draw....

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Unless they just fire off of leakage? Like a timing light does? Or like that show I saw one time where they were holding florescent bulbs under some high power lines and the bulbs were lighting up... Or not...:D

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
humm, arent our wires sheilded thought? that should keep leakage from happening if they are. I dunno, i would look more into them before getting them.... all those chopper products dont always have practiality in mind.
Example 1) small chopper style brake lights.... comeon man, night time, solid black bike, black leathers, and a dim tail lamp the size of a quarter.......need i say more...

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
One word of caution.. If they are actually neon lights, well neon does draw a lot more then LED or regular lights. I know of a couple of people that got the fancy "neon" license plates only to constantly battle with dead batteries on their bikes. I agree with Hizzo, I would think they would be taking away from the spark power

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Why not go with solar powered neon lights.
A slight oxy-moron, but it would save the battery !! LOL

·
239 Posts
As long as they fit on our plugs and coils I would thing they would work, You just need 4 of them.
Ccspinners right,even if they do work you need 2 sets of them for our bikes.
The kit is only for 2 spark plug bikes.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
well i guess us electrically minded could rig up a light pipe with a super bright led like a luxeon running off the DC system, with a hall sensor around the spark wire triggering a brief flash... would be much more efficent and brighter. Esp since leds have minimal start energy vs neons very very high start energy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts