Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a set of handlebars for my 85 700.
The PO dropped it on the left side, and the front end is tweaked, and the bars are bent. :(
I'm also in need of a tool box with key.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to need a temp sensor that goes on the thermostat housing. The PO broke the tab off of the top of it.
I'm going to try to solder a tab on it and see if I can get it to hold. Or I might even try to solder a wire on there and crimp a connector on there to hook to the main gauge.
That shouldn't change the resistance should it? If I use a piece about an inch long or so?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I am going to need a temp sensor that goes on the thermostat housing. The PO broke the tab off of the top of it.
I'm going to try to solder a tab on it and see if I can get it to hold. Or I might even try to solder a wire on there and crimp a connector on there to hook to the main gauge.
That shouldn't change the resistance should it? If I use a piece about an inch long or so?
been there - done that !
---not a problem. No resistance change that matters.
If need be, you can dremmel some of the plastic casing, in order to have enough to solder to.

Williamtech :smiley_th

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
same thing happened to mine tab broke off i just stripped back the wire and wrapped it around between the metal that was left and the plastic and it's still working

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one broke clear off down to the top of the sensor. There is a small tab left to try and solder a lead to it to hook up a wire.
Those damned sensors are $32.90 at Ron Ayers.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
saw one on ebay for 15 bucks or so
you might be able to take it off and have o reallys or idiot zone match it up

·
Registered
509 Posts
The parts you wanted

I have the siderails,the sissy bar, the handlebars and the tool box in a box ready to ship. I just wanted to ask if you have my mailing address to mail the money order you talked about.

Mcneuby :smiley_th

·
Registered
509 Posts
TSmith, You said you had mailed the money order to pay for the parts. Maybe you should check on it. I never recieved it. I have the parts packed ready to ship when ever I get the money order.
Mcneuby

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
TSmith, have been waiting on my dollars for bib that I shipped in good faith, is there really a problem here?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts