Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tech/Musician/Friendly
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it necessary to remove the rotors from the front tire if Im taking the wheel to get changed at a local bike shop?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
iirc......Yes, I believe so. If you don't, the tire shop will need to.

EDIT: oooop's i blew it ! ...CRS syndrome

:smiley_th

·
2,528 Posts
And you should only need to remove 1 caliper when you pull the wheel off. At least that's what's in the Clymers.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Just a note: I've never had to remove a caliper either. Although, as easy as they come off, it would be easier to remount the wheel as lining up the disks can be annoying.
The darn brake pads move so easily.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Just a note: I've never had to remove a caliper either. Although, as easy as they come off, it would be easier to remount the wheel as lining up the disks can be annoying.
The darn brake pads move so easily.
yup. no need to remove a caliper, it can be done without removing one. although, if you wanted to, you could use that step. but it is not needed.

I believe "cindy" did a nice right up/walk through on how to remove the front wheel. maybe able to find it if you do a search.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
i just did mine and all i had to do was deflate the tire down to give it wiggle room ( i have the bigger tire) but you should just have to pull the axel and slide it out

·
Tech/Musician/Friendly
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the calipers just for the fun of it. Working on the vn750 is probably the most therapeutic thing for me besides a coors light haha. Good info on the rotors guys, didn't want to have to take those off... those allen bolts are a bit tight!! Did anyone else notice how tight the speedo cable is? I feel like mine is stretched to the max but haven't had any problems from it.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I removed the calipers just for the fun of it. Working on the vn750 is probably the most therapeutic thing for me besides a coors light haha. Good info on the rotors guys, didn't want to have to take those off... those allen bolts are a bit tight!! Did anyone else notice how tight the speedo cable is? I feel like mine is stretched to the max but haven't had any problems from it.
You might need to check the routing on that cable although it just needs enough slack to allow for suspension travel.

I usually take the front calipers off just to look them over and clean the brake dust out and inspect the pistons and clean the gunk from around them and grease the Bolt/Pin they slide on .The bike I have now the caliper has to come off to remove the wheel anyway.

·
Tech/Musician/Friendly
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've searched the forum and through my manual and cannot find a detailed picture of the speedometer cable routing. Can anyone post one for me? I really just need to know if the cable is supposed to go underneath the caliper, resting on the rubber grommet covering the slide pin on the caliper, and thus connecting to the speedo housing or is it supposed to be located on the outside of the caliper not near a moving part??

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Under the caliber resting on the little rubber boot that is part of the caliber.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts