Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live just outside springfield, mo. i need to find a good shop to tune my bike and do any sudden onset repair work for me. anybody know a good one?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
your here! search the forums and ask questions and we will all help you right along, plus you know it will get done right and a lot cheaper!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Lance, or Crobins would be the only ones I'd trust to touch my bike. I would suggest you download the service manual (link in slimvulcanrider's sig) or pick up a Clymer manual. Read through it and see if you can't accomplish what you need to do. If you can't, I would check with local riding groups (do internet search) and poll them to find an independent shop they would recommend. Many of the techs in the stealerships shouldn't be working on lawnmowers, let alone motorcycles.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Go with what flitecontrol said. I usually look up a task I want to do in the manual and then search it in the forum. I almost always find a write up that explains it much clearer than the manual. Cross referencing both has really helped me through many repair jobs.

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
i live just outside springfield, mo. i need to find a good shop to tune my bike and do any sudden onset repair work for me. anybody know a good one?

Your bike is out of tune? How can you tell?

VN750's really require very little work, the best you can do is stuff you should be able to do yourself , like change the oil and filter, use Seafoam in the tank now and then , and install a AGM type battery. There is nothing to "tune" really.

KM

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am in Springfield. I have had my bikes worked on at both JJs Kawasaki on S Glenstone out by Walmart and Cruisin' 66 on Glenstone between Bennett and Grand. It depends on what you need done. Easy maintenance stuff you want done pretty fast, new tires, etc, I would use Cruisin' 66. If it is anything substantial I would use JJ's. They are expensive, but they make up for that by being slow.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well, yea, really, what KM said too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts