Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some hard struts for Harley's on ebay of course. I heard that Harley struts would fit our bikes. But I wasn't able to find the bolt sizes for our bikes. These struts are 10.5, which would lower the bike by 2 inches. The bolt holes are 1". Would these fit? Has anyone lowered the bike that low? If so any rubbing issues?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-5-Hard-Tail-Lowering-Struts-Bobber-Harley-Davidson_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c0c8dd080QQitemZ120469704832QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
The stock shock bolts are 14 mm if you want to run struts, make them, it should cost less than 20 buckrs to make... Going with struts, u can do up to 4 inches without fender mods, but i dont recommend any thing over 2 without moding the front forks to bring the trail back to almost stock

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
I went with the Harley struts. Can't remember what size bolt holes but I do recall still having to drill them out a little bigger.
My fender is bobbed so I'm not sure if a full fender would rub. I'm running a bigger tire and the clearance is CLOSE. I wish I would had cut the side of the fenders down. (Still may do this)

Slim is right about making your own. If you have the ability...it looks pretty straight forward.

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
Just seen your ebay item.
Is the design/style what you like or are you just trying to find something that works.
I think I payed around 30 for mine and the guy even had a couple of colors that he would powder coat it for free.
Just throwing another option at ya.

·
social_enemy0
13 Posts
where can you purchase these struts?

·
social_enemy0
13 Posts
where can i purchase lowering struts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I used heim ends and swedge rods so i can adjust my ride hieght from speedway motors.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Struts? what you going to do with your seat? Put a springer on it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts