Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so i loosened the bolts to straighten out my front tire. The guy at the shop said all i had to do was loosen the 4 bolts, and hold the tired between my legs and wiggle the handlebars.

i did this, and it did straighten the tire out but the forks slip downward and I cannot get them back up to where they were so that i can tighten the bolts back. do i just need a 2nd person to help me hold the bike up so i can pulled the forks back up?

i hope this makes sense well enough to understand.... =/

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Yes get a second person to help. Get a small jack, a scissor jack from a car or something similar will work. I haven`t found a bottle jack short enough to fit. Slide it under the front part of the oil pan and put something like a piece of 1/2 inch plywood or a small steel plate a few inches square in between to spread the load. Lift the front end of the bike just enough to wiggle your forks back down, while your helper sits on the bike and hold the bars to steady it. Then eyeball the tubes and tire for straightness and torque the clamp bolts back down to specs, -upper to 14.5 ft/lbs and lower to 18 ft/lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts