Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to replace the battery, but the new one had reversed post. I was able to get the negative cable attached, but am having an issues with the positive side. What is the best way to get the connection to lay flat on the post? I dont know much about electrical, but I thought may be I could splice another piece of wire on and changed the connector. It is working now but only being held on by the angle of the screw.|

·
Registered
154 Posts
Assuming you haven't screwed up the threads on the terminal .....

Disconnect the neg cable and make sure it stays away from the battery terminal. Remove the pos cable, flip it over, tighten down the screw and then work the rubber boot over all the exposed parts so nothing can touch the frame or other metal. Then re-attach the ground. And if there isn't enough room between the battery terminal and bike frame for the connector to fit, return the battery and get the right one.

When disconnecting a battery, always take off the neg/ground cable first and then the positive cable. When installing a battery attach he positive first and then the negative cable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
In that case, return the battery and request the right one with the terminals on the other side of the battery where the frame rails are farther apart. Any attempt to splice the cable or add a different end will be very frustrating if you do not have the right tools for the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts