Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost one of the rubber grommets that fit between the tank and frame, I'll take both if you have 2. I always seem to be losing these grommets when I try remounting my tank so having a spare would be a good idea.
Spencer
706-207-1080

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Check down between the ear and frame, that's where I found one of mine. Also found an exhaust nut behind the plate on one foot peg, so you could check there.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
I learned the hard way after dropping those damn grommets a bunch of times to put the tank down first where it goes, then slide the grommets in place....

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Is funny how you can drop one of those things, right at your feet and cannot find it! They can fall in the darkest places. I actually found one of mine down inside the fan blade housing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
could the rubber pieces be replaced with aluminium instead? Will the tank just vibrate when attached with solid mount or will it fall apart?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Shop owner told me it could vibrate and strip threads on the bolt or hole if it was bolted down tight.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I looked all around the radiator and even turned the fan incase it was sitting on one of the blades. At this point I've given up looking. Anybody got one or two to sell. Currently I'm running the bike with one missing but I don't like doing it.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
I lost one of mine for a while and wrapped the bolt in duct tape...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I punched out three pieces from 3/8th rubber sheet for mine. Looks like they will work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts